229 SOUTH MAIN STREET
Homeaway.com ID 3968274
Please review the slide show and additional info below.
Wallingford Vermont was founded in 1761. The town was known as the location of the birthplace of modern tools in America with the start of Batchellar Brothers Fork & Hoe forge at the Old Stone Shop at 205 South Main Street. Over time the company grew and Wallingford became a company town with fork and hoe mills all along Otter Creek which runs through the center of the village. 229 South Main was actually the back el of the large 14 bedroom rooming house directly to its south built in the late 1700’s. Moved next door to its present location, the property underwent a total renovation and restoration in the 1970’s and 2012.
$333 per night (two night minimum unless noted below).
$2,222 per week.
$75.00 House Cleaning Fee.
9% Vermont Rooms & Meals Tax.
Check availability by CLICKING HERE.
A 50% deposit is required to secure a confirmation.
Download the rental agreement for this house by CLICKING HERE.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7.
- Master bedroom – 1 queen bed.
Twin bedroom – 2 twin single beds.
Bunkroom bedroom – 1 twin single bed, 1 bunk bed with 2 singles.
- All mattresses are Temperpedic Memory foam.
- All beds have 300 count pure cotton percale sheets and a duvet in winter and cotton sateen with a coverlet in summer. Each also a bureau or closet for storing clothes.
- All bedrooms have ceiling fans or traditional table fans and window air conditioners are available upon request.
- The first floor living room has two daybeds/sofas that are available as additional beds with an en suite bathroom and shower excellent for people who may be challenged by stairs.
EAT IN KITCHEN:
- Dining table that seats 8.
- Large cooks kitchen with ample counter space.
- Stove, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator as well as many small appliances.
- Full pantry stocked with essentials.
INDOOR DOG KENNEL
A large walk in, climate controlled dog kennel is located in the basement. With dimmable LED lighting and a flat screen tv so your dog will be safe and entertained while you venture out to restaurants in the evening.
- Wireless internet.
- Cable Television in the kitchen, living room and outdoor living porch.
- Long-term renters welcome.
- Dogs welcome with security deposit.
- Children welcome.
- Non- smoking only (smoke outside).
- Wheelchair inaccessible
Very large 740 Square foot screened in porch with an additional dining table, living room with flat screen tv and wet bar. Also contains a slate-top regulation pool table for after dinner games. This porch opens into both living room and kitchen.
Crushed white marble fire pit area surrounded by privacy trellis wall adds moving living space right off the living porch while keeping small children and pets safe and nearby.
Includes marble fire pit with 9 chairs, gas barbecue and outdoor picnic table that accommodates 8 people.
A refreshing mineral spring soaking pool is perfect for cooling down on hot summer days. Dog friendly. A constant flow of spring water means no pool chemicals are needed. Soaking pool is 8 feet in diameter and 30 inches deep. Vermont has been historically known for its therapeutic mineral springs. Summer hotels such as the Equinox in Manchester and the Woodstock Inn as well as our own Wallingford House hotel all began their lives as mineral spring hotels. Attracting summer guest from as far south as Washington, and west to Chicago.
Please note no fireworks of any kind are allowed on the property.